Meet Our Family -- Our Adoption Journey

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cruise, Part 4 - Underwater

We went to some beautiful beaches and got to do some fun snorkeling. The first two pictures are from Belize, where the water was the clearest. There was some very neat coral and lots of fish. We even got to bring back a large conch shell as a souvenir from here.





The rest of the pictures are in Rotan, Honduras.





Yes, that is a barracuda in the center of this shot. I (Rheanna) was out a little ways by myself snorkeling, when I was following a fish and then noticed directly below me was THIS nice little fish. After taking a quick picture of the fella, and while trying to quickly swim away, I then got a cramp in my foot. I slowly swam away holding my cramped foot in one hand (to try and stop it from cramping worse) and swimming with the other arm and leg. All the while praying that the barracuda didn't notice all the sloshing above him and decide to come and take a nibble. I decided to come in at that point and only went back out with a buddy!


Andrew


Rheanna